Monday, January 7, 2008

Don't Know Why, Just Do

I have figured out my scanner, and that makes me incredibly happy because now my prints are matching with what's on screen. I've also figured out how to shoot with my glasses on -- just not worry about it and shoot. I took my 52-Weeks self-portrait today. I wonder how that's going to turn out. Unlike digital photography, my film camera does not have automatic focusing, and so I have to kind of measure how far I am going to be away from the camera and then set the focus kind of guessing where I am. I would talk about f.stops and the like, but I am still pretty clueless.

I sold another print today (I sold one yesterday, too), and it's the exact encouragement I needed. I've also discovered there is a local photography lab right here in town (I guess Dorothy was right; everything we need really is just in our own backyard). Here's to hoping they develop 120 film, too, because I would love to be able to afford to shoot more Holga. I've also got a couple of ideas lined up of things to go out and shoot, it's just a matter of setting aside some time to. We are moving this weekend, and everyone knows that moving is kind of hectic and stuff, but I also know that I work well under pressure, and so I know it will be just fine. I have my own bathroom (well, Chris, my husband and I do), and I have this hope of learning how to develop my own negatives and possibly learn how to prints some prints. But one step at a time -- Rome was not built in a day, like they say (whoever they are. Who are they anyways?).

Photo: Hidden.

No comments: