Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Blurry Bath Time Babies

I am learning to see past a technically "bad" photo to see the good that's really there -- the reality of the subject and the emotion rather than, oops, the focus is off. The thing about film that I used to find so frustrating (more so with my last two rolls) is the capturing a perfect subject but the photo quality is not so perfect. But when I look at this -- I mean, when I really look at this -- I see my children. My children. My beautiful, wonderful, perfect children and it overwhelms me with so much emotion. They love each other, and I see it here, and capturing that moment is what truly brings me joy. (I know I was giggling when I took this!) There is no longer a technical disappointment of "Oh, this is not good," but rather the emotional response and the joy of "Oh, this is so so so good."

Photo: Blurry bath time babies. Film.

1 comment:

trishag said...

You are right.

Soooo right.

Thank you for this, Sarah.